LIBERTI MINISTRY + FINANCE UPDATE &
SNAPSHOTS OF OUR YEAR
A BUILDING FOR THE CITY
- this past summer and fall, we completed phase 1 renovations of the historic First Baptist Church building in Center city!
- we celebrated by serving over 200 homeless friends and neighbors a meal, and throwing a block party with 1000 people!
COMMUNITY LIFE & SPIRITUAL GROWTH
- when we started in 2009, there were 5 kids at Liberti; this year, there are well over 100!
- we started a student ministry for middle school and high school students this year
- Liberti’s home groups continue to grow, and are the nerve center of our church’s life:
"One of my favorite things about our home-group is the diversity of backgrounds, seasons of life, and journeys of faith. Lectio Divina guides our weekly Scripture studies, and we also set aside 30 minutes to pray for one another, with a priority on "keeping it real." We've supported each other through everything from career changes to cancer treatment. Life is busy, but as we keep choosing into this community together, God is turning us into a family ."
- in March, we hosted Chuck DeGroat to do a weekend seminar about developing wholeheartedness in the midst of our unity and fragmentation
- in April, 50+ women from our church spent a replenishing weekend together at our womens’ retreat reflecting on forgiveness
- this year, we continued to expand hospitality to homeless friends, neighborhood mercy initiatives, and foreign mission
- By God’s grace, Easter Outreach was able to exceed their goals by packing and delivering 4100 Easter dinners to Philadelphia neighborhoods, and raising over $90,000!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Join us for Liberti's Family Gathering after worship services on May 22! You won’t want to miss the chance to celebrate what God’s done at and through Liberti over the last year, participate in the church’s vision for the year to come, and pray for God’s work in our community! Click for more details.