The purpose of Simple Cycle starts with inspiration from Jesus Christ to share the love of Christ through relationships with our customers, students and neighbors. Recognizing a trend toward inactive and isolated lifestyles in North Philadelphia, Simple Cycle exists to resist these trends by promoting cycling as an avenue towards community and fellowship with others as well as Jesus Christ. Simple Cycle currently offers retail bicycle sales and services, employs several community members and offers cycling programs. Simple Cycle has been investing in North Philadelphia for over 5 years now and have partnered with numerous ministries.
The mission of Simple Cycle is to use the bicycle in North Philadelphia to: promote the transforming power of Christ, create employment opportunities, and build sustainable relationships.
The Executive Director is responsible for leadership and implementation of the mission and vision of Simple Cycle. This has included discipling those we encounter towards Christ through the avenue of bicycles. The Executive Director should inspire people with an excitement for Christ, working with youth and biking. The position also includes management and fundraising. Fundamental to this position is acting on a faith in Jesus Christ to love the community SC serves.
• Inspire and implement the overall vision of the organization
• Shape and carry out bicycle programming, such as earn-a-bike classes with youth, discipleship
program for shop employees, and other community events
• Oversee the bike shop, including recruiting, training, managing and evaluating shop employees and volunteers
• Network with individuals, businesses, churches, and ministries and build relationships with youth, shop employees, customers and community members
• Develop and maintain fiscal and spiritual supporter for the organization, including producing regular reports for supporters
• Oversee the non-profit, including establishing and carrying out a budget, tracking grant information, keeping accurate financial records, payroll, and tax records
• Christian committed to discipleship and engaging community through bicycles
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships as well as influence employees at all levels; demonstrated culture competency and experience working with disenfranchised populations
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
• Able to communicate well with and build relationships with customers and the community
• Interest in cycling
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent of education and experience
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The initial review of applications will be open through November 1, 2016.